A new account manager has joined the team! Get to know Amelia in the traditional S2N way – through revealing questions about guns and ferrets.
1. You worked at Muddy’s on and off for a while, what’s it like in the magical world of gnomes and cupcakes? What was your favorite dessert there?
Ahh the magical world of gnomes and cupcakes! Working at Muddy’s was a really fun experience and I got to work with some super fabulous people. Muddy’s is known for their amazing customer service, and that’s what made the job so rewarding (besides the perk of getting to try every single item – which I have). My absolute favorite dessert is their pie. If I’m forced to narrow it down, I’ll say my all-time favorite is Peppermint Patty pie. It’s the Cocoa Channel, which is a chocolate chess, dressed up for Christmas with pink peppermint whipped cream and white chocolate curls.
2. You’re a transplant from Fayetteville – what brought you to Memphis and what kept your around?
I came to Memphis for graduate school. I moved here from Knoxville, which I thought was big compared to Fayetteville, so it took some time to get used to life in a larger city. But staying in Memphis just seemed right. I love the city, a lot of my college friends live here, and I’ve met many wonderful people. It’s the next best thing to living in the same city as my family.
3. What was your dream job when you were little?
When I was little I wanted to be an actress. Only because my mom let me watch Titanic and I became obsessed with Kate Winslet.
4. On a scale of 1-10 how much of a crazy cat lady are you?
My rating on the Crazy Cat Lady scale is at a solid 7. I don’t actually own a cat, but I love all kitties and tend to meow quite often. I also have a little tuxedo kitty nephew named Ted. Once I get my own cat(s) my rating will bump up a few notches. But I’ve made a solid vow to never own more than two at a time. Maybe.
5. Why are you terrified of ferrets? Besides that they’re smelly cat snakes.
Is there really any other reason to be terrified of ferrets other than them being smelly cat snakes? I got the chills writing this sentence. Gross.
6. What food would you eat for the rest of your life?
I often think about what food I could eat for the rest of my life if I only had to choose one. I like a lot of variety, so I’ll have to go with potatoes in all forms.
7. Tell us about your secret blogging.
I really enjoy writing about food. I also like to sit down at the end of the day and write a reflection of everything that happened. I tend to be super private with my writing, so I don’t share a lot of it, but writing is definitely a passion and an outlet for me.
8. As an INFJ, are you prepared to take on an office filled with high-volume ENFPs?
Actually, I went back and checked my saved Myers Briggs results and I’m an ENFJ. I know this might seem shocking, since I’m super quiet when I first meet someone. But in a few weeks my sass (in a good way) and random bouts of loudness show up.
9. Okay so you’re apparently Annie Oakley – what do you like about shooting?
Well, my dad insisted that he give me a gun as my college graduation gift. So I figured I might as well embrace it. I think going to the shooting range can be a form of stress relief, but not in a creepy way. There’s something satisfying about pointing, aiming, and successfully hitting your target.
10. Wildcard question! Tell me something interesting.
Something interesting, unexpected, and really strange is that I do an awesome Ja Rule impression. It’s become a frequently requested party trick of mine.